There is nothing that quite matches the exhilaration and satisfaction of piloting your own helicopter. Whether you want to become a commercial pilot, learn skills you can use in your business or fly simply for fun, Garden City Helicopters have the experience, team and facilities that can help you achieve your goal.
There are many good reasons to train with Garden City Helicopters in Christchurch
Garden City Helicopters is respected by the helicopter industry as a qualified training provider (by future employers).
We encourage prospective students to ask the industry who to train with - our students get jobs!
Good flight training environment including alpine experience.
Christchurch International Airport and Low Flying Areas are all within close proximity plus the nearby Southern Alps gives good variable terrain for advanced flight training.
Well maintained helicopters.
We have our own fully qualified on-site engineering staff as a result of operating air rescue helicopters.
Good aircraft availability.
Commercial operations involvement and ground crew opportunities.
Type Ratings available for R22, R44 and AS350 helicopters
Our total commitment to quality, professionalism and safety.
All Rescue pilots are also instructors
Operators of the Westpac Rescue Helicopter, NZCC Rescue Helicopter and Nelson Marlborough Rescue Helicopter services
- Classroom facilities (for quiet study space) + study resources available
- Combined instructor / pilot experience within the company is among the highest in NZ!
- All instructors are minimum of C-Category, with 2 A-Category Instructor / Flight Examiners
- Chief Pilot is Neil Scott – one of the most highly experienced Flight Examiners in NZ, recently given a lifetime service award by the Aviation Industry Association. The advantage of having this wealth of experience and knowledge is the huge network of potential employers available to CPL graduates, and for PPL graduates, knowing that you’re learning from some of the best in the country.
- Situated conveniently right at the airport, by Memorial Ave roundabout
- Flying into and out of a busy Control Zone every day – challenging, but invaluable experience
- “field trips” to the Air New Zealand Engineering School, Christchurch Control Tower, Christchurch Radar Centre to enhance the learning experience
- It’s not all about the $$, but the quality of the experience, and exposure to all elements of the commercial aviation industry
Contact us today and find out how your aviation career can take off with Garden City Helicopters.